During our Dutch Beginner Course we will help you to learn Dutch! The course consists of ten 2-hour session with one of our teachers via Zoom. In addition to the lessons, you will receive homework exercises after each lesson that you have to complete. We will also give you the possibility to do extra exercises on your own time. You can find more information regarding our Dutch Beginner Course on this page.
The lessons will take place weekly via Zoom and your class will consist of a maximum of 10 students. Below you can find the complete schedule.
- Lesson 1: Monday 31 January from 17:15-19:15
- Lesson 2: Monday 7 February from 17:15-19:15
- Lesson 3: Monday 14 February from 17:15-19:15
- Lesson 4: Monday 21 February from 17:15-19:15
- Lesson 5: Monday 28 February from 17:15-19:15
- Lesson 6: Monday 7 March from 17:15-19:15
- Lesson 7: Monday 14 March from 17:15-19:15
- Lesson 8: Monday 21 March from 17:15-19:15
- Lesson 9: Monday 28 March from 17:15-19:15
- Lesson 10: Monday 4 April from 17:15-19:15
Before the start of each new course, we will organize a free Demo Class. During the Demo Class, our teacher will show you briefly what will be discussed during the lessons. The skills that we mainly focus on during the course (reading, speaking and listening), will be addressed in the Demo Class, to give you the best possible picture of our Dutch Beginner Course. After the Demo Class you can decide whether you want to register for this Dutch course.
Our next Demo Class takes place on Monday 24 January from 17:15-18:00. You can sign up via the button below!
This course offers you a first step into the Dutch Language. In 10 sessions of two hours each we try to give you enough knowledge which you can apply in many basic, daily situations (e.g. doing groceries, small talk, asking for directions, etc.). The aim is to get you close to level A1 in this period, but be aware that you are not going to be fluent in Dutch afterwards.
During our Dutch Beginner Course, we will try to help you to:
- Understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Understand familiar names, words and very simple sentences, for example in announcements, on posters and in catalogs.
- Use simple expressions and sentences to describe where you live and to describe the people you know.
- Introduce yourself and others and ask and answer questions about personal details such as where you live, people you know and things you have.
- Interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
Structure of the lessons
Since we focus more on the practical side of the Dutch language, the lessons will mainly focus on 3 skills: reading Dutch, speaking Dutch and listening to Dutch. These skills are most important to manage yourself in Dutch in basic daily situations. Your Teacher will teach you a part of the Dutch grammar as well, but since the Dutch grammar is very extensive and complicated, we will not focus too much on this topic.
Your class will consist of a maximum of 10 students. Occasionally, there will be extra activities afterwards (i.e. a pubquiz) to practice what you have learned in an informal situation and to learn a bit more about the Dutch culture.
The course will be given via Zoom, which is a very user friendly (online) program.
Method (De Opmaat)
De Opmaat is the method that the Teacher will use during the course. It is specialized in learning Dutch for higher educated foreigners. It contains many appealing exercises and practical examples. The course (and book) contains themes, such as: meetings, Dutch traditions/holidays, grocery shopping, Dutch music, transport and work.
The purchase of De Opmaat (€39,90) is required in order to follow the course. You will need it to do the homework exercises each week, and to have access to listening exercises and grammar explanations. Also, the book contains extra practice questions which are very useful and also continues where our course stops. Due to the limited amount of lessons, we cannot go through the whole book in this Beginner course. The second part of the book will be treated in our Dutch Beginner + Course (A1 to A2). Since the book is also suitable for self-study, it is possible to use and learn from the book yourself after the course has ended!
You can find the book online by clicking here.
Our Dutch Beginner Course costs €150,-. This is excluding the book.
Below you can see the reviews of our customers regarding our Dutch language courses.