During this course we will help you to improve your Dutch! Our Dutch Beginner + Course consists of 10 2-hour lessons with one of our teachers via Zoom. In addition to the lessons, you will receive homework exercises that you have to complete weekly. You will also get the possibility to do extra exercises on your own time. You can find more information regarding our Dutch Beginner + Course on this page.
The lessons will take place weekly via Zoom and your class will consist of a maximum of 10 students. Below you can find the complete schedule.
- Lesson 1: Thursday 22 September from 19:00-21:00
- Lesson 2: Thursday 29 September from 19:00-21:00
- Lesson 3: Thursday 6 October from 19:00-21:00
- Lesson 4: Thursday 13 October from 19:00-21:00
- Lesson 5: Thursday 20 October from 19:00-21:00
- Lesson 6: Thursday 27 October from 19:00-21:00
- Lesson 7: Thursday 3 November from 19:00-21:00
- Lesson 8: Thursday 10 November from 19:00-21:00
- Lesson 9: Thursday 17 November from 19:00-21:00
- Lesson 10: Thursday 24 November from 19:00-21:00
The Beginner + course starts at approximately level A1 and aims to get you close to level A2. The course is focused on improving your Dutch, so you can communicate and handle short conversations. Afterwards, you will have the necessary skills to be able to function properly in daily life. During our course, we will try to help you to:
- Understand sentences and frequently used words related to areas of personal interest.
- Follow the main points in short, clear and simple messages and announcements.
- Read very short and simple texts and find specific predictable information in simple, everyday texts such as advertisements, leaflets, menus and timetables.
- Use a range of expressions and sentences to describe your family and other people, living conditions, your education and your current or most recent job in simple terms.
- Communicate about simple and routine tasks that involve a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar topics and activities.
- Handle very short social conversations, although sometimes lacking a bit of understanding in order to keep the conversation going independently.
Structure of the lessons
Your class will consist of a maximum of 10 students. Occasionally, there will be extra activities afterwards (i.e. a pubquiz) to practice what you have learned in an informal situation and to learn a bit more about the Dutch culture.
The course takes place via Zoom, which is a very user friendly (online) program.
Method (De Opmaat)
De Opmaat is the method that the Teacher will use during the course. It is specialized in learning Dutch for higher educated foreigners. It contains many appealing exercises and practical examples. The course (and book) contains themes, such as: meetings, Dutch traditions/holidays, grocery shopping, Dutch music, transport and work.
The purchase of De Opmaat (€39,90) is required in order to follow the course. You will need it to do the homework exercises each week, and to have access to listening exercises and grammar explanations. Also, the book contains extra practice questions which are very useful and also continues where our course stops. Due to the limited amount of lessons, we cannot go through the whole book in this Beginner course. The first part of the book will be treated in our Dutch Beginner Course (A0 to A1). Since the book is also suitable for self-study, it is possible to use and learn from the book yourself after the course has ended!
You can find the book online by clicking here.
Our Dutch Beginner + Course costs €150,-. This is excluding the book.
Below you can see the reviews of our customers regarding our Dutch language courses.